Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Princess and the Frog

We took Rachel to see "The Princess and the Frog."  Doug and I felt it was not comparable to the spectacular stories, songs or humor of "The Lion King" or "The Little Mermaid."  It was a cute story with some very funny parts.  I liked the princess.  She was a hard worker who learned that you can let down your guard and have some fun...sometimes.  

But, we were glad that Rachel fell asleep before the villain was introduced.  Doug and I felt that the villain and his voodoo companions were far too scary for a G rated movie.  Shadows are a concept that young children understand.  As a child I was prone to nightmares.  The idea that scary shadows could sneak up and carry me away would have kept me up for a month.

All in all, I could take it or leave it.  I probably won't buy it for my collection.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about my question on your other blog. I saw this after I posted it. :)

    ReplyDelete