Thursday, December 17, 2009

Visions of Sugarplums

The children were nestled all snug in their beds,

While visions of sugar-plums danced in their heads;


I laid Rachel down for a much needed afternoon nap.  I followed suit after completing a couple tasks.  I lay in bed listening to the sounds of her deep breathing.  I wonder what "sugar-plums" dance in her head.  I'll tell you what dances in mine:
  • Christmas gifts list
  • Money, money, money
  • Hunger
  • Dentist appointments
  • Optical appointments and glasses
  • Water heater rebate
  • Laundry
  • Neighbors and friends
  • Relief Society
  • The pile of paper in my kitchen
  • The other piles in the house
  • My Husband
  • Grocery list
  • How badly I want to be sleeping
  • What to do for date night
  • Basement
I'm sure there were more sugar-plums but I didn't have a pen or paper handy.  I've been sick for almost a week.  Doug has provided opportunities for sleeping in and napping.  Why do I still feel like I've been hit by a freight train?  But, the real question is how to get the dancing to stop when rest is most important.

1 comment:

  1. What helps me is writing everything down so I don't sit and think about it all night long. Also, when my mind is running, I close my eyes, lay on my back and breathe deep while stretching/relaxing each and every muscle one at a time; starting from my toes and working my way up to my head. This completely relaxes me. Good luck with your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete